Thursday, October 6, 2011

A phone call from a stranger

Today I heard my dad's voice, for the first time in almost three years. I remembered our last conversation, I was 17 and hurt. His voice was cold, it's like he was possessed, there was not a hint of warmth inside him. There was  so much I needed to say but I couldn't. My lips froze and my mind went blank. That conversation haunted me for months. It's like I spoke to an ice sculpture.

Today he was warm, and loving, and funny. As I saw his name on the screen I hesitated, nervous to speak to him. How sad when it comes to this, when a conversation with a parent is something out of the ordinary. I wish he never left. I think my life would have been beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Poor you:(

    You will have a beautiful life..you'll see..regardless..You will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad for you that you got to have a nice conversation with your father, unlike the last time. I hope you'll have more of those.
    And I agree with La Table the Nana: I'm sure your life will be beautiful anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being so kind. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete