Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lesson learned

As I walk along the night streets of Paris, I realize that sometimes when you wait, you lose. And that not taking that risk might be the greatest risk of all. That the fear of falling might be exactly what pushes us over the edge. That sometimes, doing nothing means that things will be done for you, and the outcome might be fatal. Because if you're not in control of your life, it controls you instead, and it doesn't always listen to what you want. Exactly a week ago the world was endless. I scooped every corridor, and the possibilities were beautiful. In a sense, I was beautiful. Tonight I'm just me. And that night spent up on the eiffel tower, eyes closed, heart open, blowing away, was a premonition. It really was too good to be true. And if only I had done something sooner. Sometimes it really is too late. 

1 comment:

  1. This post reminded me of the letter in Letters To Juliet.
    Sometimes we do have to take that one plunge that may change our lives forever, whatever the outcome may be!

    ReplyDelete