Monday, September 26, 2011

Swearing off procrastination

Right now I'm in a state similar to that of having a really bad hangover and swearing off alcohol for the rest of your life. If only it was as easy as that though. I don't think I have mentioned before but I have excelled at the skill of procrastination, and I think there's nothing I do best that let valuable time pass me by when I have one million things that need to be done. It started off okay. I sat down to write this essay, doing research, noting things down, and then my friend came over. She brought a bottle of wine, because this is Paris, duh, and we decided to each have a glass whilst she'd help me on my essay. But things didn't go quite as planned. I ended up drunk from one glass of wine, and couldn't even concentrate in the slightest! I think it's due to the fact that all I had all day was fruit, since I've been craving them so much for over a week now! But either way, I was drunk! I didn't get back to work until around 8pm, but so far that's basically consisted of minor panic attack in front of my computer screen and cigarette breaks. So now I find myself sat completely clueless, at 00:30, with less than 7 hours until I have to be up, and this essay not even half way done. And I'm swearing off procrastination and promising to be a lot more responsible in the future... As if.
I'm completely exhausted but the amount of work I have to do for tomorrow is unimaginable. By this point, of course, I've decided to send all the work to hell, except this essay, which is assessed and must be handed in. Why did I waste so much time?! The amount of times I must have asked this question on nights just like this one.
I guess I'll go make myself another litre of coffee now, or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment