Thursday, November 17, 2011

Painfully aware

I avoid going home because at home I feel lonely. I sit in the library instead, the silence, the sound of typing, the strangers around me, it makes me feel better. I don't feel so alone. Home has become a dangerous place, full of temptations and potential screw-ups. I never thought I'd reach the day when home would feel like a threat.

Paris is as beautiful as always. I love stopping myself from whatever I'm doing sometimes and making myself remember that. I never want to cease my love affair with Paris, I never want to forget just how lucky I am to be here. I want to be painfully aware of everything.

On a less poetic note, I think it's time to invest in a new laptop. As much as I love mine, it's pretty broken right now, and I'm just not sure on whether it's really worth to fix it. So I'm contemplating on buying a macbook air. Decision decisions...  But I do need a computer I can carry around with me, especially with exams coming up. If only money wasn't such an issue all the time though.

1 comment:

  1. Potential Screw-ups?! When up against bad times, yes, I completely agree :-)

    ReplyDelete